UNIADA 2017 BASKETBALL tournament is organized in both male and female competition. The teams will be divided into the groups. The number of groups and teams in the group will depend on the number of registered teams for this competition. From each group two teams will proceed to knock-out phase. If it is subsequently impossible to determine the two best teams (or one best team) in this case, qualified one will be determined by draw.
1. Rules of the game:
- The game will be divided into four quarters, each lasting 8 minutes.
- Halftime break lasts for 4 minutes.
- The group phase will be played “dirty” (without stopping time), while from play-off phase the last two minutes of every game will not be played dirty (with stopping time).
- Each team must have five players on the court and maximum seven substitutes.
- Each team has the right to ask for two 1 minute time-outs per half.
- With the fifth team foul in the quarter every next foul will be punished with 2 free throws.
- Each player is allowed to make five fouls before being sent off.
- In case of a tie, over-time is played in duration of 4 minutes, and overtimes will be played until one team wins.
- The tournament will be played with a ball the size of a standard № 7 in male competition and №6 in female competition.
2. Group stage ranking regulations:
- 2 points for a win – 1 point for a loss – 0 points for a forfeit;
- Mutual result;
- Better point difference;
- More scored points.
- If a team doesn’t want to play or is late for 8 minutes, game will count as 20:0 for team on the court.
- If both teams don’t show up on the court they will get 0 points and point difference 0:20!
The match will have two licensed referees on the court with coordinators and volunteers in the facility.
4. Conditions to compete:
- Filled form with the maximum of 12 players.
- Teams are required to be dressed in jerseys or shirts of their university/college.
Legitimating of players is necessary only when one team is complaining!